1. Tell us, when and how did you hook up with electronic music ?
Maor Levi: When I was about 12 years old, me and a good friend of mine were exposed to Tiesto sets and his wonderful Magik series... we started to listen to it day after day and were amazed... we never knew what was Trance back then, as israeli people we knew only Psy-Trance... So we had massive interest on how to produce this music and how great it is. From that moment we got into it more and more till we decided we wanted to explore it more to its very foundations, which is producing.
2. Tum Ta Titally Tum Ta Too. Da Derp Dee Derp Da Teetley Derpee Derpee Dumb. Der ?
Maor Levi: It's too obvious. Derp Dee Tum Ta. :) (this was a funny question by the way)
3. Doesn't being in the military restrict most of your time for producing ?
Maor Levi: Yeah, when I get home from the Army I usually work like a madman but still... Inspiration is quite rare... I'm having a bit of an Artist block at the moment which wont let me think of original material... so I'm hanging out, trying to gather some ideas is good!
4. How would you define your "Maor Levi" sound ?
Maor Levi: Bangin' Bubbles with Lush Atmospheres that leads to a once in a lifetime tune... Sort of thing hehe :)
5. Where can we get some of your famous 'prank' tunes? And where did you get the inspiration for them !?
Maor Levi: Hahaha! Good one! Well, my prank tunes are mostly about me and my friend's life... They just come dropping by the studio, we drink something... laughing and then we can think of a catchy funny song within a minute. My prank songs started on 12th grade when we used to compose songs about our teachers... we even got an album of it lying somewhere! We really got into it and enjoyed so much that I decided to purchase professional gear for it as well! (microphone, compressor and pre-amp).
6. What can You tell us about your own label Maori, any new upcoming releases will follow this summer ?
Maor Levi: I don't have a label, yet. :) my Maori alias is quite gone since I just didn't find it fun anymore... My directions in music are always changing as time goes by. I expose myself to new sounds and new materials and feelings... what I can say... lots of things cooking up... just stay tuned... I'm not gone!
7. I reckon every producer has a message within their tracks, what can You tell us about your track "Illumina" ?
Maor Levi: "Illumina" was made from deep feelings, that's for sure... it was because of a girl I really used to like! She even came up with the title for it... ;) Long long looooong story. This track has a message... mostly about love... the atmosphere in it can describe it perfectly.
8. What about your productions nowadays, should we expect anything new from you this year ?
Maor Levi: Well, there wont be much Maor Levi singles flying around as most of them are gathered into the album... but I'm working on a lot of remixes and brand new ideas... don't forget to watch out for my 123XYZ alias which is gaining a lot of awesome feedback. Visit: http://www.myspace.com/that123XYZthing
9. Any other thingies you want to add before we wrap up ?
Maor Levi: Enjoy music , watch yourselves! support the artists.
Interview made by Stefano Giangrandi aka Aerotek (TranceSound.net PR forum moderator)
Maor Levi official website
Maor Levi @ MySpace
That 123 XYZ thing @ MySpace